MANTON PUSHRODS SERIES 3 - 11/32 DIA.X .120 WALL FITS 08-10 6.4L FORD POWERSTROKE
These series 3 pushrods are a great upgrade over OEM for stock applications up to mild performance builds into the 400-750hp range. Intended use in towing, sportsman diesel, and factory performance engines.
For competition use application in high boost/high horsepower see the Series 5 pushrods.
Whether you are drag racing, towing, sled pulling, hammering on a dyno, or daily driver your rig, we can help you best choose the push rod that suits your needs.
Due to the length of the stock 6.0-6.4 pushrods at almost 10 inches, we here at Manton feel the OEM pushrods are not adequate for anything other than a stock vehicle. When the stress on the pushrod surpasses what is considered a reasonable window of operation, the OEM pushrod is not designed to support that additional load.
- Manufactured out of 4130/4135 seamless Chromoly tubing
- Provides approximately 170,000psi tensile strength
- Standard billet steel tip ends (3 piece configuration for proper compatibility)
- Tips are CNC machined from 86L20 bar stock, core hardened and triple tempered
- Provides increased impact and wear resistance
- Improves overall performance of your valve train
- Available in either 11/32", 3/8", 7/16" diameter
- .095, .120, .145 and .168 wall thickness options for ultimate strength
- Series 3 11/32" x .120 x 9.795 overall length with 3/8 Ball w/oil
WHY A 3 PIECE PUSH ROD?
- Each end must be compatible with its mating component. This requires the use of material that can function as a bearing and as impact resistant as possible. Additionally, this also allows for an unlimited amount of tip designs.
- Modular pushrods allows the flexibility to choose “unique” tapers for clearance issues, while changing the wall thickness, diameter and tapering the tube will change the natural frequency.
- The column of the pushrod must be made out of a different material and heat treated differently than the tips, and provide the strength to withstand the combined abuse of high engine speeds and cylinder pressure. By using a dissimilar material from the pushrod end we are able to utilize any heat treat desired. Most applications use 4130/4135 tubing. In our series 2 & 4 we use a MeloniteTM process for durability and wear resistance for guide plate use. The series 5 pushrods we use a proprietary heat treating process to increase the material value to a Rockwell of around 46 “C”. This is critical to the function of a pushrod column and 4130/4135 is very tough, forgiving and durable. Manton also offers a proprietary heat treated solid bar S-7 tool steel pushrod which is the same material used to produce quality chisels and hammers. It is very impact resistant and is the perfect material for extreme applications.
- In our estimation the only reason to ever produce a one piece pushrod would be because of the reduced cost to manufacture. We are here to produce the highest quality pushrods available and for the reasons listed here we DO NOT manufacture one piece pushrods.
You may also like…
- $314.56 – $419.36
- VALVE TRAIN 03-07, VALVE TRAIN 08-10, VALVE TRAIN 94-97, VALVE TRAIN 99-03$224.64
- $419.36 – $471.68